Saturday, January 5, 2013

On December 25th, we went to the E.R with Jacob because he had a 102 fever turns out he had an ear infection. On the night of January 3rd he had a fever of 104.1 we took him to the E.R but decided to leave after waiting 3 hours because his temp came down to 98.5 after the nurse gave him motrin and because we still had to wait another hour or 2 to be put in a room, now I don't mind waiting but I do mind people sneezing and coughing all over my child because it was packed plus it was around 4am and we could see his doc at 8am. We didn't sleep at all because we were worried about him. We took his new doctor (his old dr retired =() and she said because he has been taking antibiotics it wouldnt be an infection, she thinks it might be a virus/flu most likely rsv because she said there has been many cases of kids hospitalized of rsv right now. As a preemie mom you know how scared I am of just hearing "rsv" I am glad I fought for him to get those synagis shots to protect him,  it hurts my heart just to think he could be hospitalized again. So far his lungs sound clear and he just has a slight fever but he has started to cough and sneeze more this morning. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment